Mississippi road map with distances between cities
Mississippi map highway free
Highway map of Mississippi state. Detailed highways and roads map of Mississippi state with cities and towns. Mississippi road map with exit numbers.
Mississippi roads map
Highway map of Mississippi 2021. Free road map of Mississippi state.
Funny and true nicknames of the state Mississippi
- Hospitality State (previously used on license plates)
- Magnolia State
- The Birthplace of America's Music (currently being used on license plates)
- The Bayou State
What are the official nicknames of Mississippi state?
- The Magnolia State: The Magnolia flowers and trees are common in Mississippi, and it eventually became both the state flower and state tree.
- Bayou State: Like Louisiana, Mississippi terrain supports many bayous.
- Eagle State: The eagle, long considered to be a symbol of freedom, appears on the state coats of arms around 1846.
- Border-Eagle State: An elongation of “Eagle State.”
- Mud-cat State: “Mud-cat” refers to catfish, which are prevalent in the Mississippi River. This nickname first appeared in 1872.
- Mud-Waddler State: Another name for catfish.
- Hospitality State: Mississippi is famous for treating visitors like family.
- Groundhog State: Given because of the supposed prevalence of groundhogs. Though, no evidence is found except for a reference in John Goff’s 1892 Book of Nicknames.