Road map of Louisiana with distances between cities
Louisiana map highway free
Highway map of Louisiana state. Detailed highways and roads map of Louisiana state with cities and towns. Louisiana road map with exit numbers.
Louisiana roads map
Highway map of Louisiana 2021. Free road map of Louisiana state.
Funny and true nicknames of the state Louisiana
- Bayou State (previously used on license plates)
- Creole State
- Pelican State
- Sportsman's Paradise (currently used on license plates)
- The Pelican State: Louisiana’s state bird is the brown pelican.
What are the unofficial nicknames of Louisiana state?
- Bayou State: A “bayou” is a smaller river that feeds into a larger body of water. It is often swampy, still and likely fetid. Many of this bayou vein the more southern regions of Louisiana.
- Child of the Mississippi: Because of the silt build-up from the Mississippi River, Louisiana owes its landmass to that process.
- The Creole State: The French and Spanish settled Louisiana, and this heritage is called “Creole.”
- The Mardi Gras State: Mardi Gras is traditionally a French annual festival; Louisiana adopted it and turned it into a world-class event in New Orleans.
- The Cajun State: Another ethnic group that settled Louisiana, Cajuns are Acadian exiles from the French Maritimes.
- Cajun Country
- Jazz capital of the US: Lauded as the birthplace of Jazz, Louisiana celebrate the annual Jazz and Heritage Festival.
- Sportsman’s Paradise: Due to the draw of hunting, trapping, fishing, and other outdoor sports, Louisiana gained this nickname.
- Fisherman’s Paradise
- The Holland of America: This nickname is derived from a large number of waterways and the trucking industry, both of which are attributes of Holland.
- Sugar State: Louisiana boasts a large yield of sugar cane and thus supports a booming sugar refinery industry.