Arkansas map highway free
Highway map of Arkansas state. Detailed highways and roads map of Arkansas state with cities and towns. Arkansas road map with exit numbers.
Arkansas roads map
Highway map of Arkansas 2021. Free road map of Arkansas state.
Funny and true nicknames of the state of Arkansas
- Bear State
- Land of Opportunity
- Natural State
- Wonder State
- The Razorback State
- The Hot Springs State
- The Bowie State
- The Natural State: Officially adopted as its nickname by the 80th General Assembly in 1995, Arkansas is famous for its natural splendor, its wild forests, and clean-flowing rivers. The tagline, “Arkansas is a Natural” was created to promote outdoor tourism.
What are the unofficial nicknames of Arkansas state?
- Bowie State: Bowie knives were created in Arkansas, and they became famous here first as the knife of choice and quickly gained worldwide notoriety.
- Toothpick State: Another allusion to Bowie knives as these were sometimes referred to as “toothpick knives.”
- Hot Water State: Refers to the many natural hot springs in the area.
- The Land of Opportunity: Before the adoption of “the Natural State,” Arkansas had this official nickname.
- Bear State: The earliest known nickname, dating back all the way to 1858. It refers to the large amount of Louisiana black bears found in the region until the middle of the 20th-century when the bear population decreased.
- Wonder State: Arkansas was first dubbed the “Wonder State” by the state legislature in 1923.
- Razorback State: Refers to the wild hogs or pigs native to the region. They have backs with high, narrow ridges.
- What a State!: A great throwback to 1950s catchphrases.
Though the true origin of this term is undetermined, it has been used
to refer to those who live in the more rural regions of Arkansas.
- Diamond State:
After prospector John Wesley Huddleston found diamonds in 1906, it
began a national rush to Pike County. Due to this, the town of Kimberly
grew to house all the new people.